Joy! I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award 2017, an award given to bloggers by other bloggers.
I launched my blog three weeks ago, and in that short time I’ve met many other bloggers who have a similar passion as me – to help people bring out the best in themselves and become more aware of their inner power that can make life more joyful. My new online community of blogger friends are definite blessings in my life as so many have reached out to me with kindness and willingness to share their talents.
Much appreciation to Hannah Edmundson from My Mindset Motivation for nominating me for The Liebster Award. Be sure to check out Hannah’s blog because you’ll find lots of inspiration and motivation for everyday life and for “rough patches.”
Here are the official Liebster Rules:
- Post eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked in their post.
- Nominate up to eleven other bloggers of your choice.
- Come up with your own eleven questions for your nominees.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen!
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
11 Facts About Me
- I live in the northwoods of Wisconsin where the winters are long, but summers are sweet.
- My husband is retired and cooks for me on work days. (Major joy!)
- My fabulous daughter and her fabulous husband are both speech pathologists, and I admire them both for their hard work that helps so many people and for the fun they have together as a couple.
- My awesome son has a successful career in a fun industry, and I most admire him for the way he takes advantage of every opportunity and maximizes fun in his life.
- My amazing step son is a computer engineer and he introduced me to pendulums, crystal healing, and reiki. On our recent family vacation, he was the most friendly, outgoing person in the whole resort!
- I just had a 10-day “staycation” (from my job as a business analyst) and spent much of it obsessing over my blog…and loved every minute of it.
- I have two dogs that bring pure joy to me every day.
- A few months ago our whole family went on an amazing vacation to the Dominican Republic. It’s not easy to get my two children, step son, son-in-law, and my husband and myself all available for a week!
- Although I love to travel, I also love being home.
- I have been in eight countries: Germany, Austria, Italy (for one day but it still counts), Costa Rica, Mexico (4 times), Dominican Republic, the U.S. Virgin Islands and of course, the United States. (You’ve probably noticed the travel theme.)
- I’m blessed to still be able to visit my elderly parents nearly every day.
11 Questions for Me From Hannah
1.) What/who inspired you to start your blog? My angel cards!
2.) If money wasn’t an issue, where would you travel to first? Hm, that’s a tough one. I’d like to go on a Napa wine tour and to New Zealand.
3.) What is one thing on your bucket list? Sky diving. Just kidding, NO interest in sky diving! I’m not sure I have a bucket list, but I’ve always wanted to go on some type of mission trip.
4.) What is your favorite food? Does chocolate qualify as a food? I love grilled veggies, too.
5.) What animal represents you best and why? Probably a dog because I love to go on walks, eat, and nap.
6.) How would you spend a billion dollars? I’m not sure I could! I would retire from my 9-5 job and travel more often.
7.) Favorite kind of ice cream? I’m not a big ice cream connoisseur, but my favorite is peanut butter fudge.
8.) What was your dream job growing up? Teacher
9.) Cat or dog? DOG!!!
10.) What was your greatest failure, and how did you overcome it? I don’t dwell on failures. I look at them as just part of the journey.
11.) What would be your “perfect” day? On a beach vacation with my whole family.
Questions For My Nominees
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Dog or cat?
- Who has been a major inspiration in your life?
- If you could only take one more trip, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite topic to blog about?
- How long have you known your best friend?
- What color is the shirt you are wearing right now?
- What is the name of a childhood teacher who you most clearly remember?
Having received this nomination brings joy to my heart. I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me. Have fun checking out my nominees’ blogs!