I’m not a morning person, so my morning shower is of utmost importance. Hot water, decent water pressure, and a bathroom environment that is harmonious helps me get my day off to a good start. The bathroom is also a place of relaxation. With our busy lifestyles, we need a relaxing space to spend a few spare moments of calm where we can unwind.
Turn your ordinary bathroom into an extra-ordinary bathroom by maximizing the space and including the little things that make a bathroom comfortable. Little details make a big difference.
Ideas To Make Your Bathroom Luxurious:
The color scheme you select for the bathroom walls will determine the end result. Soft, soothing colors will help the room become a harmonious haven, while brighter tones will tend to energize and create readiness. Most importantly, choose a color that you love.
- It’s amazing how much a coat of paint can change the look and feel of a room. Paint is inexpensive and that painting a room can be completed in less than a day – big bang for little cost!
- Don’t be afraid of giving your old vanity new life with a fresh coat of paint. We had an 80’s oak vanity in our powder room that I modernized by painting it a dark mocha brown.
- Ugly tub or shower color? Look into the option of resurfacing it instead of replacing it.
- If you go with a neutral wall color, little details like a collection of paintings clustered on the wall, colorful accessories, a gorgeous shower curtain, and towels are a great way to add color to your bathroom.
Look around for ideas and then try different ones out in your bathroom to find out which is the best look for your style. Incorporate more color into you bathroom and turn it into an inviting, luxurious space.
2. Keep it Tidy
Any small room will feel cluttered if you have everything out and in sight. Tuck everything away except the necessities. Keep the necessities like soap and towels out, but really, everything else can be stored out of sight.
Strapped for space? Add a little cabinet in the hallway close to the bathroom to put away excess supplies. A space-saver trick it to add magnetic strips to the back or side walls of the inside of your cupboards. Hang metal items to keep them organized and easy to grab. Baskets are another way to attractively store items yet keep everything easy to grab.
Get a stylish shower rack to keep things like soap, shampoo and other toiletries neat and tidy. It makes it easy to keep things where they belong, and eliminates the collection of bottles precariously lined up on the edge of the tub.
3. Set the Mood
- Inexpensive waterproof bluetooth speakers can be attached to the shower wall, allowing for great music while you bathe.
- Reed essential oil diffusers are attractive add a powerful burst of organic fragrance and last for months. Essential oil diffusers offer the benefit aromatherapy and many have a calming LED lighting feature. Try diffusing a relaxing scent like lavender in our bathroom.
4. It’s All in the Details
Many small touches can be added to your bathroom to help it come alive and be a luxurious space. Consider how each item will fit in visually. For example, replace the plain ugly white scale with one that is more elegant and better fits your style. Contemplate each item and ask yourself, “Do I love this and does it add to the room visually?”
- An instant hot water heater will make it so you never run out of hot water again.
- Multiple showerheads can be a wonderfully relaxing experience.
- Showerheads are easy to replace and there is a wide selection – select the one that has the pressure options you prefer.
- For the tub, you may want to install one with jets to promote relaxation.
Consider a towel warmer so you can step out of the shower and wrap yourself in a pre-warmed towel. Warmers are fairly inexpensive and warm towels are such a treat!
Creating the perfect bathroom takes time. You’ll need to pull together all the pieces that will make it what you consider to be a special room. If you take the time to make sure you love each piece, the end result will be well worth the effort.
What’s your idea of a luxurious bathroom?