<UPDATED 2021> I’m a dog fanatic, so of course our dogs are included in all our family gift-giving occasions.
They love getting gifts of treats and toys. They get birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, and because they’re spoiled, they get dog gifts all year long for no special reason.
It fills my heart with joy to see their tail wagging with excitement.
Skip the wine, dog gifts also make great hostess gifts (assuming the party host is a dog owner). My dog owner friends are always excited to have something new for their furry family member.
Pawsome Dog Gifts!
These toys and treats are timeless. We’ve always had a family dog since 2004, and these gifts are still our go-to purchases.
Happy shopping for the lucky dogs in your life!
1. A Kong is a great toy for any size dog, and is one of the best toys I’ve found for heavy chewers.
Fill a Kong with peanut butter or canned pumpkin, and then freeze it. They’ll love it!
Select the right size based on the dog’s weight. Shop all dog Kong toys on Amazon.
2. Skinneeez toys are stuffing-free and have a squeaker that dogs love.
Expect your dog to love this toy, but don’t expect it to last very long if your dog is any type of chewer! However, even after they’ve “killed” it, dogs still love it. My dog likes it when we throw it in the air for her to catch.
Two sizes available, select the large if you’re not sure. Shop all Skinneeez on Amazon.
3. Nylabones are another gift that are particularly good for heavy chewers. It may take a little time for some dogs to figure them out, but once they get started it keeps them busy for a while. Sometimes I put a little peanut butter on it just to help them get started.
4. Your dog will surely have sweet dreams with a dog bed of their own!
Dog beds are not only great for nights, but I also keep one in the living room. It helps keep them off the furniture.
There are styles and colors that will fit their comfort style AND blend with your decor. Shop all dog beds at Amazon.
5. Dingo Rawhide Twist Sticks are a tasty treat and a good for any size dog.
6. Greenies dog dental treats are dog-gone delicious and help keep their teeth clean. Shop all Greenies treats.
8. You and your dog can have fun together with a flexible frisbee.
Great for use on land or water (it floats)!
9. Puzzle and interactive toys help keep your dog’s mind active and ward off boredom. Especially good to beat winter boredom.
10. Dogs appreciate a stuffed, fuzzy buddy. Pick one that matches your dog’s quirky personality! Shop all stuffed dog toys on Amazon.
11. The Petzi Treat Cam is a product that I haven’t tried, but I want! It’s features include:
- A fun and easy way to connect with and treat your pet from anywhere
- Watch the excitement on your pet’s face when you pop in
- Dispense your pet’s favorite treat with the Petzi treat launcher for a big smile
- Say hello to your pet through the high quality audio
- Dedicated iOS and Android app that controls the device and allows content to be shared socially
- Capture candid photos of your pet to save or share on your favorite social site
So these are my best ideas for dog gifts. Whatever you decide to get your furry family member, may it bring both you and your dog joy! Be sure to read my Gift Ideas for Women Who Seem to Already Have Everything!
PIN FOR LATER!