Have you ever noticed that sometimes in life you have a meh, unenthusiastic feeling about life and at other times you feel energized, motivated, and things just seem to fall into place? Wouldn’t it be great to have more upbeat, joyful times? Understanding the power of positive thinking can help you get more of those good, happy days.
Positive thinking has really helped me feel happier in my life. By positive thinking, I mean simply focusing on good things and believing that things will work out. The main idea is that you get what you think about – you get what you put out there. Positive thoughts are contagious – the more positive thoughts you have, the more you’ll naturally get.
Simple Daily Habits to Become More Positive
Here are a few things you can do to make it a habit to focus on more positive thoughts.
- Have a ‘glass half full’ kind of attitude towards life. Appreciate the things you DO have instead of focusing on the things you DON’T have. Enjoy what you have right now. Enjoy the path you’re on.
- Let your thought drift to places that feel good as often as you can. Acknowledge it feels good and identify what about it makes you feel good. Purposely spend time looking for those happy thoughts.
- Every night when you settle down for sleep, think about your day and recall three good things that happened. Did you eat something tasty? What caused you to laugh? What things went well? Whether these good things are big or small, dwelling on them will help you grow the happiness in your life.
- Even if your current situation is not optimal, seek out the little joys in life. Think of something as simple as: the sun came up this morning, trees keep standing tall, and birds are still chirping.
- Positive thinking can be tough, especially if you’re used to thinking negatively. When you find yourself thinking negatively, consciously guide your thought back to happier thoughts. Don’t beat yourself up, just ease back into positive thoughts.
Viewing the world through a positive lens will help you adjust your outlook on life to one that is generally more positive, and you’ll be better positioned to nurture happiness in your life. It takes practice, but focusing on positive thoughts CAN change your outlook and consequently, you WILL become more happy.
Give it a try, and let the power of positive thinking up the ‘happy factor’ in your life. For more great ways to increase your positivity and happiness, read my tips to attract more good experiences to your life. (Thanks and appreciation to Kanani from www.totallymommedit.com for sharing her talents with me by creating Pinterest images for this post.)