World Kindness Day is November 13. This world needs as much kindness as possible, so I think it’s fantastic that the World Kindness Movement came up with this reason to celebrate back in 1998.
Change the World
Do you feel like you can’t make a difference? Think again.
The littlest act of kindness has a positive effect on the recipient. So much so, that research shows they are likely to perform an act of kindness for someone else that very day.
One act of kindness has a ripple effect that makes your one little act of kindness powerful.
It feels good to be kind. It feels good to be the recipient of kindness.
As Barbara De Angelis once said, “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” Talk about a win-win!
Be kind, and know that you can make a difference in this world.
Kindness Quotes To Get You Motivated
Quotes are always inspirational and here are a few of my favorites taken from my post, 99 Inspirational Kindness Quotes to Enjoy & Share.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind. ~Unknown
When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. ~Maya Angelou
The more you extend kindness to yourself, the more it will become your automatic response to others. ~Wayne Dyer
Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life. ~Jackie Chan
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. ~Mother Teresa
Be kind – it’ll make life better for yourself and others. ~ Ellen Burgan
Acts of Kindness Ideas
Observe World Kindness Day by doing kind acts throughout the day. Here are a few ideas to get your creative ideas flowing.
- Make eye contact and smile at people you pass by. Say hello if you’re moved to do so.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Bring treats to the office.
- Put the shopping cart back in its place.
- Give someone a simple compliment on their hair or outfit.
- Leave some anonymous notes of appreciation.
- Surprise a friend, parent, or grandparent with a text or call.
- Donate some clothing or linens to a shelter or thrift store.
- Invite someone sitting alone to join you.
- Help a neighbor with a chore.
- Invite someone over for a meal.
Wouldn’t it be great if kindness were the norm? Consider riding the wave of World Kindness Day into the tomorrow, next week, and the whole year. It’s sure to bring you and all the recipients great joy❣️
Create a Ripple Effect by Pinning This Image: